A Survival Guide To Using Family Mediation After a Break Up Durham
Discussing financial issues during a break up is little stressful, considering the fact that there’s feelings involved. Both the sides are hurt and angry. So, during such critical times, it is best if both the parties seek some outside help.
Taking the help from a solicitor is always there. However, it is not a good option mainly because this may increase the level of bitterness amongst the parties involved. Moreover, general litigation is not only stressful, but also an expensive procedure. It is also time consuming. This is particularly harmful where there are children concerned. This may hamper their studies and disrupt their future.
Under such circumstances it is advisable to take help from a mediator. Durham Mediators will advice you on several issues and you can reach a settlement through mutual discussion. Mediators cannot make any formal documents and they should not be confused with marriage counselors. The mediators have to take the help of solicitors in order to make the final agreement which is signed by both the parties to end the dispute and reach a settlement.
Taking note of the aforesaid statements one can conclude that family mediation is better than general litigation on several counts such as:-
1. Family mediation is less stressful than general litigation. This makes mediation more viable.
2. Mediation procedure does not take much time. On the other hand general litigation is time consuming. This is specifically helpful where children are concerned. This in a way does not affect their studies and does not hamper their studies and their academic year.
3. Mediators Durham do not follow favouritism. In other words, there is no nepotism of any type. The couples are allowed to put their view in front of the mediator and a settlement is reached through mutual discussion.
4. In mediation everything occurs behind closed doors in a hushed up manner. This allows privacy. This means the final decision is not revealed to a third party. The parties involved are saved from washing their dirty linen in public.
5. Mediation services are feasible and cost efficient. They are not as costly as consulting a solicitor is. They do not burn a hole in the pocket and are inexpensive.
So, we can conclude that mediation services Durham are advisable to couples going through a break up. It is a better option than consulting a solicitor is.